Dryers are used in a variety of industries, such as the food processing, pharmaceutical, paper, pollution control and agricultural sectors. Diverse materials need to be dried in completely different businesses, such as chemicals for research and medical concerns, paper for printing and packaging operations and edible materials for further processing into popular foods and snacks.
Dryers are used to remove liquids or moisture from bulk solids, powders, parts, continuous sheets or other liquids by evaporation or sublimation. Dryers can be broken up into two main types: direct and indirect. Direct dryers convectively heat a product through direct contact with heated air, gas or a combusted gas product. Indirect dryers conductively heat a product through contact with a heated wall.
There are various types of Dryer used in Pharmaceutical Industries
- The Drying system consists of a single drying vessel and a wall mounted power and utilities station.
- The Drying vessel is designed as a vertical conical vacuum rated vessel with pressure jacket for heating. The cover is provided with the vacuum flange, the product filling connection and the drive coupling with the agitator.
- The power and utilities station contains the frequency controlled drive motor, the vacuum pump with condenser and the customer furnished heating.
- By using different vessels for each product group cross contamination is virtually eliminated.
- The Drying vessel is mounted on a lifting and swiveling column and connected to the centrifuge by means of a special double valve system.
- The active part of the valve is mounted on the centrifuge and the passive part on the vessel.
- This allows the drying vessel to be removed from the centrifuge totally closed and isolated.
- After the product is discharged into the vessel is lifted to the frequency controlled power station.
- The vacuum and the heat utilities are then connected and the drying process can be started according to drying characteristics of the product by controlling both the agitator speed characteristics of the product by controlling both the agitator speed and jacket heat.
- After Drying, a stainless steel barrel is connected to the vessel with the same type of double valve used between the centrifuge and vessel, so that the product can be discharged in a totally isolated manner.
- The cleaning of the vessel is done filling with washing solution and agitating at high speed. The vessel can be inspected by opening the cover.
Belt dryer is continuous drying equipment. Belt Dryer is widely used for chemical, food, pharmaceutical industries. It is especially suitable for drying raw materials that are good in breathability and in the shapes of piece, strip or granule. It is also possible to dry the pasted raw material such as filter cake after shaped through granulator or extruder.
- In the Belt dryer, the raw material to be treated is distributed on the conveyor belt through right mechanism such as star distributor, swing belt, crusher or granulator.
- The conveyer passes through the channel consisting of one or several heating units, which are equipped with air heating and circle system. Each channel has one or several damp discharge systems.
- When the conveyer passes through it, hot air will pass through the raw material up and down. In this way the raw material can be dried evenly.